For those building the ultimate home entertainment system, the Marantz AV7704 is a no-compromise 11.2-channel AV processor and pre-amplifier, designed for use with
high-quality external power amplification or active speakers.
It takes on board all the latest features, including Dolby Vision compatibility, unparalleled 3D surround sound decoding and HEOS music streaming, but dispenses
with the internal amplification, allowing all the design and engineering within to be dedicated to producing the purest possible sound, and avoiding any possible
interference from powerful amplifier sections creeping into the delicate digital and analogue signal sections.
It’s long been common audiophile practice to separate pre-amplifier and power amplifier sections in this way, allowing power supplies and circuit layouts to be
optimised for their specific purposes.
The Marantz AV7704 even enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz’s own current feedback HDAMs preamp, before passing them to the
high-quality 11.2 channel XLR or 11.2 RCA outputs and separate power amp.
Key Features Marantz AV7704
- 2ch XLR pre-out, 11.2ch RCA pre-out
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020 , Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (inc Zone 2)/li>
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
- Analogue to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 Control; Crestron Connected
AV7704 is designed to be used with high-quality external power amplifiers. It has 11.2-channel preouts on both conventional RCA sockets and balanced XLRs. It has been designed not just as a superb AV processor but also as an extraordinary analogue preamplifier, with a specially designed analogue audio circuit board using Marantz HDAM technology.
This preamp section is designed for optimal channel separation, minimal crosstalk and enhanced signal to noise ratio for precise detail resolution and stereo imaging, while an oversized power supply for the analogue section, using audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors, ensures excellent power and dynamic ability.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
Along with 8 HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection, the AV7704 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 and Dolby Vision pass-through support is available on every input, with pass-through for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), a new broadcast HDR format, to be supported via a future firmware update.
HDCP 2.2 compatibility for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content, means the AV7704 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads, and its video processor can transcode and upconvert analogue and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favourite legacy sources. Three HDMI outputs are provided – two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.