New Anthem MDX8 is the first distribution systems to feature fully powered independent-zone subwoofer connections, as well as ARC® Genesis room correction for each zone.
MDX Series features today’s cutting-edge Anthem amplifier technology so you can expect smooth, efficient, consistent high power and reliability.
Anthem MDX8 is engineered to simplify your next custom audio system installation, and to blow you away with extreme performance in any setup
Digital Inputs, Digital Switching
Fast, efficient Ultra-Class-D amplification is supported by proprietary Advanced Load Monitoring technology, delivering reliable performance under even the most demanding loads. Our high-efficiency design meets and exceeds global power-saving standards.
Smooth, instantaneous digital switching output allows the linking of digital inputs between multiple amplifiers and analog pass-through connections allow daisy-chaining of multiple MDX units.
Dedicated Subwoofers For Each Zone
Install and control subwoofers independently in separate zones, with dedicated outputs (both low and high level, including bridge mode), and zone-independent settings for the new, more advanced Anthem Room Correction (ARC® Genesis).
Toggle ARC Genesis on/off in each zone to hear the benefits of premium room optimization.
Zone Configuration Options
Zones can have custom names, multiple inputs, independent playback, and tuning controls. Bridge zones for more power. Enable subwoofer bass management in any zone, instantly set crossover frequency, level, phase, and polarity.
Only the MDX Series gives you this much control over multiple zones, supporting more creative system designs and more thrilling audio performance.
Analogue/Digital Matrix Switching
Full digital/analog matrix switching allows you to assign any analog RCA, digital coaxial or digital optical input to any output, either pre-configured via the web interface or switched in real-time via IP commands.
MDX Includes These Key Features And More…
- 60 Watts (8 Ohms) / 120 Watts (4 Ohms)with all channels driven, or bridges to provide 200 Watts (8 Ohms).
- 8- or 16-channels of Ultra-Class-D amplification, each supported by Advanced Load Monitoring technology, delivers fast, reliable performance even under the most demanding loads.
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter (DAC)maintains the integrity of high-resolution source materials.
- Customized pre-set DSP settings.
- Separate zone-specific bass management and subwoofer integrationvia a passive (RCA) or active (powered by another zone in bridge mode) connection.
- Bridging allows up to 200 Wattsfor high power applications such as subwoofers.
- Digital switching output allows linking of digital inputsbetween multiple MDX.
- Analog pass-through connections allow daisy chainingof multiple MDX.
- Speaker terminal block connections accept up to 12 AWG, ideal for long speaker cable runs.
- IP/RS232 capability ensures compatibility with leading home automation systems.
- ON/OFF switched via IP/RS232, 12-Volt trigger, or audio sensing.
- High-efficiency designmeets global power saving standards. Secure professional rack-mount arms included.
Specifications Anthem MDX8
|Channels / Zones||8 channels / Up to 4 zones|
|Power Output RMS per Channel (8 Ohm)||60 Watts|
|Power Output RMS per Channel (4 Ohm)||120 Watts|
|High Output Mode (Bridged) RMS per Channel (8 Ohm)||200 Watts|
|Frequency Response||10Hz – 20kHz ±0.5dB|
|Digital-to-Analog Converter||PCM up to 24 bit/192 kHz|
|Inputs (analog)||4x RCA pairs (left/right)|
|Inputs (digital S/PDIF)||1x Optical|
|Inputs (network)||RJ-45 10Base-T/100
Base-TX ethernet port (female)
|Inputs (trigger)||1x 3.5mm (5 – 24V DC/AC)|
|Inputs (other)||Micro-USB (for ARC); RS-232|
|Outputs (speaker level)||4x removable Phoenix style (left/right) accommodate wire up to 12AWG|
|Outputs (subwoofer)||4x RCA (with bass management and room correction)|
|Outputs (other)||1x 3.5mm 12V trigger|
|Audio In-Out Matrix||Yes|
|Advanced Load Monitoring||Yes|
|Controls (via web-based UI)||Bass level: ±6dB for each zone;
Trebel level: ±6dB for each zone;
Level balancing: ±10dB for each zone
|Controls (back panel)||Power Mode: Auto, Trigger,
Network Reset (pinhole);
Factory Reset (pinhole);
Main Power: On /Off
|Room Correction||Anthem Room Correction (ARC®)|
|Microphone (for room correction)||Included dual input microphone
(3.5mm and mini-USB)
|Setup||Web-based user interface|
|IP Control (via IP or RS-232)||Drivers for Control4, Crestron, Savant, URC, Elan and RTI(coming soon)|
|Rack Mount Ears / Feet||Included|
|Rack Space (feet removed)||2U|
|Dimensions (H x W x D, with feet)||3.9” x 17” x 17” (9.9 x 43.2 x 43.2 cm)|
|Weight||21 lbs. (9.5kg)|