Anthem MRX 520
Separates-Quality Performance in a Gutsy, Feature-Rich AV Receiver.
Experience the breathtaking power and multi-channel flexibility of Anthem’s NEW Third Generation MRX Series of AV Receivers.
Anthem’s award-winning Third Generation MRX Series of high-end multi-channel A/V receivers are known the world over for their excellent sound quality, efficient power handling, and the ease with which they integrate into an entertainment system.
The MRX Series is packed with exclusive audio innovations like Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Technology and Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM) Technology, 4K Pass-Through with fast HDMI switching and more.
5.2 Pre-Amplifier & 5 Amplifier Channels
- ARC™ Anthem Room Correction
- 4 Speaker Profile Memories
- Two Sub Out Jacks (parallel)
- Premium 32-bit / 768 kHz Differential-Output D/A Converters
HDMI & Video
- HDMI 2.0a
- HDCP 2.2
- 4:4:4 Subsampling at 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- 2020 Color Gamut
- On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
- 4K 50/60 Switching
- Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM)
- FM Tuner
- Low Standby Mode power consumption
- Remote control app for iOS (Apple) and Android (coming soon!)
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- AnthemLogic – (5.2 channels with MRX 520)
- Dolby Surround
- Dolby Pro Logic II on MRX 520
- DTS Neo:6 – Cinema, Music
- All-Channels – All-Speaker Stereo
- 7 HDMI inputs (7 rear inputs on MRX 520)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial +
- 5 Stereo Analog RCA Inputs
- HDMI On-Screen Display – setup, video adjustments, status, song/artist info from radio stations
- MHL Supported Inputs
- xvYCC, Adobe RGB, Adobe YCC601, sYCC601, Deep color
- 2 Parallel Outputs
- Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
- Audio Return Channel
- Standby Pass-through
- IP Control
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input (Configurable)
- 12V Trigger Output
- Control System Drivers
- Backlit Remote Control
- Sidemount Rack Kit (sold separately)
- The Easy-To-Use Anthem Room Correction Kit Delivers Professional Results In Any Room
- What is ARC?
- Simply put, Anthem Room Correction quickly “corrects” the effects that reflective surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings have on the sound radiating from a loudspeaker. Removing the effects of these obstacles allows your audio equipment to achieve a more natural sound in any room, as close to the lab standard as possible.
- On a more complex level, ARC is a proprietary digital signal processing software that works with a specially-engineered calibration microphone and your PC to quickly and easily optimize audio for your unique listening space. Anthem engineers developed the ARC system while researching how to replicate the audio-lab standard of performance in non-lab environments. This groundbreaking research was conducted in conjunction with the National Research Council of Canada, the Canadian government’s research and technology organisation.
- Anthem engineers realized that real world listening experiences had little in common with the controlled environment of the audio lab. That’s because even the best loudspeakers are affected by room anomalies like furniture. These obstacles cause standing waves, resonances, and reflections that can color the sound you hear. Imagine the sound waves coming from your speakers as ripples on a water surface. That makes it easy for you to understand how the ripples of sound bounce off any obstruction they encounter. You can immediately see the benefit of removing the obstacles.
How does ARC work?
The ARC Kit is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can customise your loudspeakers for your unique listening space.
Each ARC-ready component comes with a complete ARC Kit, consisting of software and microphone calibration file from our website, a professional quality mic stand and high quality connectors.
You will need a Windows-based laptop computer with a CD drive.
Plug the kit’s custom Calibration Microphone into your computer and into your ARC-ready Anthem A/V receiver.
Place the microphone at each of the listening positions in your room (a minimum of five, maximum of ten), and allow ARC to take a sound sample from each location.
The proprietary ARC software measures the difference between the speaker’s ideal lab-standard response, and their real-world performance in your room.
Then, its sophisticated DSP accurately equalizes response and creates intricate crossover curves so that the performance of the speakers in your room meets the ideal lab standard!
Now you’re hearing exactly what our audio engineers intended you to hear: Pure, natural, transparent sound, no matter what challenges your room presents!
Specifications Anthem MRX 520
|Maximum Output (<0.1% THD)||4.2 Vrms, subwoofer channel 5.2 Vrms|
|Frequency Response (2 Vrms output)||10 Hz — 31 kHz (+0, -0.25 dB)|
|Frequency Response, Analog-Direct (2 Vrms output)||10 Hz — 48 kHz (+0, -0.25 dB)|
|THD+N (2 Vrms output)||-95 dB|
|S/N Ratio (2 Vrms output, IEC-A filter)||110 dB|
|PREAMPLIFIER + AMPLIFIER (1 W OUTPUT)|
|MRX 520||-88 dB|
|Height||6-1/2″ (16.5 cm)|
|Height with Rackmount Kit||4U|
|Width||17-1/4″ (43.9 cm)|
|Depth (not including power cord)||14-3/4″ (37.5 cm)|
We generally carry this item in stock and you can buy it today via our online shop at the following link: