Low-Z Power | Noise-Dissipation System
Redefining the Science of Power Conditioning
AudioQuest is proud to introduce their Niagara 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, a complete rethinking of AC power filtration, designed by one of the field’s foremost experts, Garth Powell.
As with every AQ product before, and more recently their DragonFly USB DAC and NightHawk headphones, they would not have entered this field if they didn’t think they had something special and significant to offer.
In Niagara 7000, they believe they have created a product that revolutionises the art and science of AC power—a product that will inspire audio/video enthusiasts and help to create an even more immersive, emotionally compelling experience.
In designing Niagara 7000, AudioQuest aimed to successfully address problems that prevent today’s audio/video components from achieving their potential.
Due to the great increase in airborne and AC-line-transmitted radio signals, combined with overtaxed utility lines and the ever-increasing demands from high-definition audio/video components, a complete rethinking of AC power technology is needed to provide our A/V systems with the power required to fulfill their potential.
Further, today’s power amplifiers are being taxed for instantaneous peak-current demand, even when they’re driven at modest volumes.
Although AudioQuest have seen a substantial increase in dynamic range from much of our audio software, the loudspeakers we employ to reproduce them are often no more efficient than they were 50 years ago.
This places great demands on an amplifier’s power supply, as well as the source AC power supplying it. In their efforts to properly accommodate the promise of today’s ever-increasing bandwidth and dynamic range, the Niagara 7000 affords extremely low system noise and provides superior current delivery across a very wide range of frequencies.
Through differential sample tests and spectrum analysis, it can be proven that up to a third of a high-resolution (low-level) audio signal can be lost, masked, or highly distorted by the vast levels of noise riding along the AC power lines that feed our components.
This noise couples with the signal circuitry as current noise and through AC ground, permanently distorting and/or masking the source signal.
Our systems’ sensitive components need better alternating current.
AudioQuest realise that true audio/video optimisation is never a matter of any one secret or exotic circuit.
When it comes to noise dissipation for AC power, many approaches can yield meaningful results. However, these approaches may also impart ringing, current compression, and non-linear distortions that can render the cure worse than the disease.
While there currently exist a number of AC power conditioners, isolation transformers, regeneration amplifiers, and battery back-up system topologies, Niagara 7000 takes a holistic, science-based approach to AC power technology and represents a comprehensive solution to the ever-increasing noise that plagues our power lines.
In the Niagara 7000, you’ll find optimised radio-frequency lead directionality, run-in capacitor forming technologies developed by Jet Propulsion Laboratories and NASA, and AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over extreme-purity copper assuring the tightest grip possible.
The Niagara 7000 uses their patented AC Ground Noise-Dissipation System, the world’s first Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers, and the widest bandwidth-linearized noise-dissipation circuit in the industry.
Their unique passive/active Transient Power Correction Circuit features an instantaneous current reservoir of over 90 amps peak, specifically designed for today’s current-starved power amplifiers.
Most AC power products featuring “high-current outlets” merely minimise current compression; the Niagara 7000 corrects it.
With an AudioQuest Niagara 7000, music lovers can finally experience the clarity, dimensionality, frequency extension, dynamic contrast, and grip their A/V systems have been capable of delivering—if only the power had been right!
SPECIFICATIONS Niagara 7000
- Direction-Controlled Ultra-Low-Resistance Solid-Core Wiring: All Niagara Series wiring is optimized for the highest effi ciency noise-dissipation of harmful distortion-causing radio frequencies
- Ultra-Linear AC RF Filtering Capacitors: All AC fi ltering capacitors used for the AudioQuest Niagara Series are preformed to vastly improve linearity and minimize distortions, while dissipating AC line and radio-coupled noise
- Patented Ground Noise-Dissipation System: Multiple banks of direction-controlled ground noise dissipation yield lower distortion and greater resolution from audio, video, and digital components with grounded AC cords/circuits
- Ultra-Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: AC-differential and common-mode fi ltering with linear response over extremely wide frequencies, optimized for varying line and load impedance
- Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection: Withstands multiple AC surges and spikes up to 6000V/3000A
- Zero Ground-Contamination Technology: Prevents the noise or surge energy present on AC Line or Neutral from being connected to the AC Ground
- Over-Voltage Shutdown with Automatic Reset: At approximately 20% above optimal AC input levels, the Niagara Series product will immediately shut off until the incoming AC voltage returns to a safe range
- Ultra Low-Z (low impedance) NRG Series AC Power Inlets and Outlets: Feature heavy silver plate over Beryllium Copper
- 11 AC outlets: 3 High-Current/Transient Power Correction; 8 Ultra-Linear/Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power
- Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers: Dissipates common-mode AC line and radio frequency induced noise from the power that feeds sensitive source components
- Transient Power Correction: Provides an ultra-low impedance, buffered source for any power amplifier’s power supply, as well as a current reservoir of over 80 amps peak for AC current transients
Dimensions: 17.5” W x 5.24” H x 17.2” D (3-RU rack-mounting ears, optional)
Weight: 36.7 Kg
We generally carry this item in stock and you can buy it today via our online shop at the following link: