ProAc K6 Signature
ProAc K6 Signature improves on the performance of the original K6, ProAc’s flagship high-end loudspeaker to date, with the use of a larger midrange unit and refreshed drive unit layout.
The updated 3″ ProAc midrange unit has a lighter dome than the older 2″, delivering less overhang and colouration in the midrange for a more open and natural sound.
The drive unit layout offers the listener a more expansive sound stage and greater dispersion.
The renowned K6 bass drivers and ribbon tweeter are preserved in the Signature model with a new crossover design to accurately integrate the bigger midrange unit and new drive unit layout.
ProAc “K series” drivers are made from Kevlar which has similar benefits to carbon fibre in that it’s light and rigid.
The ProAc 6.5” drivers used feature Kevlar cones made by the same special method as ProAc’s carbon fibre coned drive units; the cone is painstakingly produced from a mould by hand, a labour intensive process taking many hours.
Besides the standard finishes, K6 Signature introduces two new wood veneer finishes that are currently exclusive to this model; dark eucalyptus and tamo ash.
Specification K6 Signature
- Kevlar “K series” driver
- – Mid: 3″ ProAc unit
- – Tweeter: ribbon alnico dome
- – Woofer: 6.5” drivers
- – Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- – Recommended Amp: 10-250W
- – Freq Response: 25-30K Hz
- – Sensitivity: 90dB (1W @1m)
- – Magnet, rear damping chamber
- – Dedicated dual-layer circuit board
- – Multistrand OFC cable throughout
- – Split: optional bi-wire and bi-amp
- – Dimensions (HWD): 1185 x 215 x 340mm
- – Weight: 44kg each