The radically different sound, A&futura SE100
A&futura is a premium line of players with advanced features that bring the original performance to life.
The SE100, the first model of A&futura, is designed for you to feel the quality of premium Hi-Fi from the moment you hold it.
- Radically different sound by ES9038 Pro 8-channel DAC
Next Level performance with Octa-core CPU
5-inch display with HD screen resolution and improved user interface
Similar audio block design of SP1000 for premium Hi-Fi audio performance
A&futura SE100 is the first step in your premium audio journey.
Premium value that you can feel in your hands
A&futura SE100 shows their dedication to provide both premium quality and value to our listeners including an eye-catching design.
It features a 5-inch touchscreen, Octa-core CPU, and the best audio performance in its league.
Astell&Kern is committed to delivering the original performance as the artist intended you to hear and the SE100 is a symbolic example of this vision and effort.
A&futura SE100 introduces an 8-channel DAC chip. 8-channel DACs have previously only been available for premium home audio systems, pro-audio workstations, and recording studio equipment.
It is making a debut for the first time in an Astell&Kern portable system.
Your favorite tunes will now sound fundamentality different with even greater dynamic range and refined sound.
There are many audio companies that talk about ‘technologies’, yet Astell&Kern is the only brand that talks about ‘progress’ in the audio experience.
- The ESS SABRE PRO series of Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC) is targeted at premium audiophile and recording studio equipment. The SABRE PRO series sets a new benchmark in high-end audio by offering the industry’s highest dynamic range (DNR) with impressively low levels of total harmonic distortion plus noise (THD+N) in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC. All PRO SABRE DACs feature ESS’s patented 32-bit HyperStream DAC technology which delivers outstanding sound quality and industry leading performance.
- Maximum Output
- It is common knowledge in the audio industry that
the amplifier plays a critical role in Hi-Fi audio systems.
The latest know-how and amplifier design technologies developed
by Astell&Kern have brought 4.1Vrms of balanced output power
with minimal noise. As the output power increases, the noise
fluctuates louder as well. However, A&futura SE100 shows 123dB
of SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) at 4.1Vrms of audio output.
At the same time, the noise level on single-ended is even smaller,
it produces 122dB of SNR. Pure sound is the result in our technical
achievement allowing for powerful, yet clean sound to be delivered
gracefully by the SE100.
- Femto-Second Clock for Exact Sonic Reproduction
– An enhanced voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision clock has been utilized in the A&futura SE100.
The reference jitter of Astell&Kern’s implementation has improved performance to 800fs (femto seconds), meaning that the SE100 faithfully reproduces your music by precisely measuring and accurately timing the synchronization of all instruments, vocal and even ambience sound recorded in your digital music file together.
- Faster Charging, Quicker File Transfer
– Next generation USB Type-C support allows file transfer speeds up to 10Gbps and supports both data transfer and charging from the same cable.
– USB 3.0 protocol transfers data twice as fast when compared to other Astell&Kern players.
Charging with a fast charger (at 9V/1.67A) takes only two hours and allows up to 11 hours of continuous playback.
- * The maximum 11-hour continuous play is based on 16-bit/44 kHz, FLAC file format, screen off, 75 of volume playback.
* Fast charger (9V/1.67A) and general Charger (5V/2A) are not included in the package.
- The design of A&futura SE100 resembles “unrestricted balance” from a composition of a trapezoid and curves together.
The volume knob at the end of the side curve is easy to operate from front and back and its shape fits just right in either hand.
General Specifications SE100
Body Color Titan Silver
Body Material Aluminum
Display 5inch (720 x 1,280) Touchscreen
Supported Audio Formats WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
Sample rate PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo
/ DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
Output Level Unbalance 2.0Vrms / Balance 4.1Vrms (Condition No Load)
DAC ESS SABRE ES9038PRO 8channel
Decoding Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
Input USB 3.0 Type-C input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC)) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
Outputs PHONES (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
Bluetooth V4.1 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
Dimensions 2.98 ”(75.8 mm) [W] x 5.22 ”(132.7 mm) [H] x 0.6 ”(15.3 mm) [D]
Weight 8.5 oz (241 g)
Feature Enhancements Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
Audio Performance SE100
±0.038dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance / ±0.028dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balance
±0.074dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalance / ±0.030dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Balance
Signal to Noise Ratio
122dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balance
138dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 144dB @ 1kHz, Balance
0.0007% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balance
0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0005% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
Balanced out 2.5mm (1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm (1.5ohm)
800 Femto Seconds
Reference Clock Jitter
250 Femto Seconds
3,700mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer Battery
Continuous Playback Time
up to 11 hours (Standard – MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44kHz, Volume 75, LCD Off)
About 2 hours (Standard – 9V/1.67A Fast charging)
microSD (Max 400GB) x1
Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up