Vertere Acoustics SG-1
Bringing music to life in the home, Vertere’s Record Player SG-1 Super Groove can take you close to perfection in turntable performance.
Vertere’s Record Player SG-1 Super Groove is designed and built to exactly the same high standards as the RG-1 Reference Groove.
As with RG-1, using the best possible materials and the highest standards of precision, every single component is specially engineered and custom built.
Why Vertere Acoustics SG-1 Super Groove
- Has the heart and body of the RG-1, unrivalled in its own right and second only to RG-1
- Plays every note with the intended emotion and maximum dynamics in any home environment
- Provides an upgrade pathway to RG-1 without compromise if required
- Key feature of the Vertere Record Player SG-1 Super Groove is the same structural coherence as you find on the RG-1 Reference Groove.
- Both record players use the same high-speed synchronous motor and they have the same structural design, incorporating compliance that isolates the record-playing platform from unwanted movements, whether internally or externally induced.
- The external motor drive power supply unit ensures constant speed and smooth running of the motor, which in turn is enclosed and articulated in exactly the same way as with the RG-1.
- The differences between the SG-1 Super and the RG-1 Reference are in the bearing and platter assembly. The SG-1 platter system makes use of a high-grade one-piece aluminium alloy platter with a 3mm thick bonded acrylic facing to provide the record interface.
- The main bearing of the SG-1 utilises a precision ground hardened stainless steel spindle and a super precision tungsten carbide ball.
- The SG-1 shares the same plinth structure design and components as used on the RG-1 and provides the optimum platform for the tonearm and cartridge to work on. There is a pathway to upgrade the SG-1 to the RG-1, by simply replacing the main bearing and platter assemblies if and when desired.
- The Record Player SG-1 Super Groove will bring any record collection to life and provide many years of musical enjoyment.
Main Bearing Assembly
Directly derived from the unparalleled RG‐1 main Bearing, the SG-1 performs second only to the RG‐1. Based on the same design, geometry and similar precision engineering techniques, the SG‐1 bearing is made to our highest standards.
Both RG‐1 & SG‐1 main bearings are lubricated with Vertere proprietary formulated L‐1G record player main bearing oil.
Record Player Motor Assembly
One look at the record player motor assembly and the depth and innovativeness of its design become apparent.
Using precision bearings to articulate the proprietary aluminium alloy motor housing keeps the motor continuously synchronous achieving constant belt tension.
Simply put, it drives the platter at constant speed without interference.
SG‐1 platter is a one piece aluminium alloy design based on the RG‐1 platter.
It is precision machined to highest tolerances to ensure smooth running and provide necessary inertia to ensure constant speed.
Platter/Record interface is a 3mm bonded cast Acrylic disc similar to the RG‐1.
SG-1 MkII Motor Drive
It is absolutely critical that the record player motor is powered and controlled faultlessly to ensure a full and musical performance of the record player.
The SG-1 MkII Motor Drive has new enhanced circuitry for speed accuracy, power delivery. The MkII utilises two fully protected output power devices with much improved control of the motor. The new output circuit provides the platter with constant and smoother drive. Elegant and simple to use with a ‘super charged’ engine under its bonnet!
Specifications Vertere Acoustics SG-1
|Motor||24 Pole Synchronous
6 Point Body Contact Support
Spindle Support Acetal Ball Bearing
|Motor Mount||Acetal Platform – Articulated
2 Ball Race Bearings and Silicone Motor Spring
|Pulley||Super Precision Aluminium Alloy|
|Drive Belt||Precision Ground Polymer|
|Platter SG-1||Super Precision Aluminium Alloy
3mm Bonded Acrylic Record Interface
|Bearing Spindle SG-1||Precision Hardened Stainless Steel
Roundness / Concentricity and Finish < 2 Micron
|Bearing Housing SG-1||High Copper Content Phosphor Bronze
Clearance < 6.5 Microns
|Plinth Structure||Clear Cast Acrylic with optional finishes
Special Metallic Black or
Metallic Pearlescent White and Metallic Champagne30mm Thick Top and Bottom Plinths
20mm Thick Sub-plinth and 15mm Mid-plinth
|Isolation System||3 Stage Compliant and 2 Stage Rigid
12 Decoupler Sets and 12 Tuned Silicone Ring / Bobbins
3mm Acrylic Disc and Stainless Feet / Hard Rubber / Felt
|Motor Drive P/S||Precision Crystal Referenced|
|Speeds||33.3 and 45 rpm (<0.2%)|
|Wow and Flutter||<0.2%|