OOR, the only headphone amplifier with a soul
OOR will redefine the category of headphone amplifiers. Ferrum OOR will drive any headphones effortlessly to the max of their potential, while preserving the essence of the music it amplifies.
Ultra low distortion, zero fatigue, huge dynamics and unrivaled detail result in ultimate enjoyment.
OOR actually makes something that is very difficult to accomplish, seem like the most natural thing on earth. The most important features are:
The signal path stays truly balanced using the XLR inputs and becomes truly balanced using the RCA inputs.
Ease of use
Only three knobs on the front panel to control the most important settings.
Ferrum Power Link
OOR performs very, very good right out of the box.
But OOR is made to excel above and beyond when used together with HYPSOS.
They use what they dubbed their Ferrum Power Link (FPL in short) to connect the two.
HYPSOS then will perform to its maximum, unleashing unheard musicality from the combination with OOR.
Perfected steering of output transistors protect them and never let them turn off, therefore reducing distortion to inaudible levels and keeping them in a state where they can instantly unleash all their power, crucial for high dynamics, superlative control and authority in sound.
The whole design is focussed on a balanced and very transparent sound signature, making listening fatigue something of the past.
The discrete power amp technology is developed in-house to achieve the best possible analog quality.
Look and behold the understated looks of OOR’s front, only to camouflage it’s intricate design laid bare on the rear. 100% analogue, 100% natural, 100% musical.
OOR is made by a group of very talented engineers and industrial designers, right in the heart of Poland.
They like to refer to Ferrum as “Brand of Brothers”. OOR is their instrument of choice when they need to completely relax and prepare for their next assignment.
Marcin Hamerla Founder and CEO HEM
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment.
They named this technique Ferrum Power Link (FPL) and it eliminates the harmful effects of the cable’s resistance effectively improving transient response.
The current delivery speed at the powered device’s input is significantly improved.
OOR comes with a carefully selected DC power adapter.
To get the most out of OOR you can connect it with HYPSOS using their proprietary Ferrum Power Link DC power cable.
Specifications Ferrum OOR
- Gain (dB): balanced -4 dB, + 6dB, +16 dB / single ended -10 dB, 0 dB, 10 dB
- Operation: Fully balanced, proprietary discrete power amp technology
- Inputs: XLR, RCA, 2.5 mm DC connector centre positive, proprietary 4-pin DC connector
- Outputs: Balanced 4-pin XLR, 6.35 mm jack
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 100 kHz 0.1 dB
- Output Power Single Ended: 400 mW into 300 Ω, 2 W into 60 Ω
- Output Power Balanced: 1.600 mW into 300 Ω, 8 W into 60 Ω
- THD + Noise: TBA
- Input Impedance: 94 kΩ
- Output Impedance Single Ended: 22 Ω on pre-amp
- Output Impedance Balanced: 44 Ω on pre-amp
- Output headphones Impedance: < 0.3 Ω
- Power Consumption: Idle <15 W
- Power Adapter: 100/240 V AC to 22-30 V DC
- Dimension (W x D x H) (In/cm): 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0 inch / 21.7 x 20.6 x 5 cm
- Weight (kg/lbs): 1.8 kg