The Oyster Series’ premium Moving Magnet cartridge range features four models with a matching aesthetic, all named after a different type of Oyster.
The Olympia is the “second step” in the range and features a finely polished elliptical stylus for a level of acoustic refinement that defies belief.
In combination with the range’s integrated body and generator system that significantly reduces internal resonances, the Olympia delivers greater dynamic punch from a broad frequency response.
The improved stylus also sits on a bespoke cantilever, mounted to a smaller magnet for more refined movements resulting in greater channel separation and a slightly lower but still powerful 4mV output.
The Olympia utilises the same cartridge body as the Rainier and Moonstone, allowing for easy stylus upgrades to the superior Moonstone.
- Moving Magnet cartridge with 0.3 x 0.7 micron Elliptical stylus
- Dynamic performance with greater refinement
- Low-resonance body and generator system
- Pure copper internal wiring
- Overhead mounting design
- High output for easy matching to a phono stage
- Easy to set-up and install
- RS Olympia and Moonstone replacement stylus available
Specifications Sumiko Olympia
|Frequency Response:||12Hz – 30kHz|
|Output Voltage:||4mV @ 1kHz|
|Channel Seperation:||30dB @ 1kHz|
|Channel Balance:||1.5dB @ 1kHz|
|Stylus Type:||Micron elliptical|
|Tracking Force Range:||1.8 – 2.2g|