The new SA20 integrated amplifier uses Arcam’s proprietary Class G technology.
It is the replacement for the previous A29 amplifier, at a lower price AND with digital inputs
The SA20 is rated at 80wpc into 8 ohms (both channels driven).
It delivers just under 20wpc in pure Class A, while allowing for huge extra power reserves for the most demanding of loudspeakers.
As with the SA10 this amplifier has 5x analogue inputs (1x line/MM switchable) but the 3x digital inputs (2x SPDIF and 1x optical) are supplied by the ESS Sabre 9038 reference DAC (as employed in the irDAC2).
The SA20 also comes with a brand new learning backlit infra-red handset and can be controlled over IP by ARCAM’s IOS app, Musiclife or by RS232.
A perfect partner to the Arcam CDS50 CD player.
Technical Specifications: Arcam SA20
Continuous power output per channel:
- Both channels, 8Ω, 20Hz—20kHz: 80W
- Single channel, 4Ω, at 1kHz: 176W
- Harmonic distortion, 80% power, 8Ω at 1kHz: 0.003%
Phono (MM) Input:
- Input sensitivity at 1kHz: 5mV
- Input impedance: 47kΩ + 100pF
- Frequency response (ref. RIAA curve): 20Hz—20kHz ± 1dB
- Signal/Noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref. 5mV input: 80dB
- Overload margin, ref. 5mV at 1kHz: 23dB
- Nominal sensitivity: 1V
- Input impedance: 10kΩ
- Maximum input: 4.6V
- Frequency response: 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.2dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref. 1V input: 105dB
- USB: USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbit/s)
- Network: 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX / Wi-Fi
- Digital input connections: 2 x 75Ω Co-axial, 1 x Optical TOSLINK
- Nominal output level: 735mV
- Output impedance: 230Ω
- Maximum output level into 600Ω: 5V
- Output impedance: 1Ω
- Load range: 16Ω—2kΩ
- Mains voltage: 220–240V~
- Power consumption (maximum): 1kW
- Dimensions W x D x H (including feet): 433 x 275 x 85mm
- Weight (net): 9.2kg
- Weight (packed): 10.7kg
- Mains lead
- Learning Backlit IR Remote Control
- 2 x AAA batteries
- Power cable