Exposure XM CD
The Exposure XM CD player is Exposure’s latest CD player and forms part of Exposure’s XM series of compact half width components.
It uses a top loading mechanism with a magnetic retaining puck to secure the disc.
The half-width Exposure XM CD can be used as a fully-fledged CD player, or solely as a CD transport connected to a preamp or integrated amp thanks to its (24-bit) DAC and digital coaxial and optical outputs.
Exposure has implemented engineering to get the optimum sound quality from its design, including a crystal clock reference and dedicated power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages, ensuring low jitter performance.
A large toroidal power transformer has separate windings for CD transport mechanism and audio stages, and the all-aluminium casework and extruded front panel help to control unwanted resonance.
- PCM 1716 24 bit DAC fitted to provide very high resolution
- Optimised as a transport using a top loading mechanism
- CD display can be turned off using the remote for improved sound quality
- Highly optimised audio output circuitry with multiple stages of supply regulation
- Large toroidal power transformer with separate windings for CD transport mechanism and audio stages
- Employment of a high-stability crystal clock reference and dedicated, power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages to ensure low jitter performance
- High quality double-sided PCBs for optimum layout and screening
- All-aluminium casework and extruded front panel to control resonance and stray electro-magnetic fields
- Remote control
- Three year guarantee
- Available in black or titanium
Specifications Exposure XM CD
- Output Level : 2V RMS
- Frequency Response : 20Hz – 20KHz ± 0.25dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.008%, 20Hz – 20KHz, 0dBFs
- Signal to Noise Ratio : >100dB, A weighted
- Digital Outputs : SP/DIF, Coaxial and “Toslink” Optical
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V @ 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : <15W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 94mm x 348mm
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 4kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 5kg
Ideal partner to Exposure XM5 amplifier