The JVC DLA-NZ7 D-ILA projector is the world first home theater projector to feature 8K/60p/4K120p input.
It is equipped with a new 8K/e-shift proprietary technology to reproduce 8K-quality images.
The projector is driven by three native 4K D-ILA devices, high-quality 65 mm glass lens, and Ultra-High Brightness of 2,200 lumens.
The BLU-Escent laser diode light source also contributes to project images that come close to reality.
World’s first home projector capable of inputting 8K60p/4K120p signals
These projectors adopt LSI’s developed with the latest technology to process the vast amount of 8K input data, and an up converter to bring any source up to high definition 8K resolution.
As a result, more beautiful and realistic video images full of contrast and reality can be enjoyed regardless of the source, from video streaming to 4K UHD-BD videos.
Reliability-proved BLU-Escent Laser Diode for exceptional brightness and longevity
The light source for these projectors is the latest blue laser diode BLU-Escent, which is featured in JVC projectors.
BLUEscent technology has been adopted for home theatre projectors to achieve exceptional brightness and longevity of 20,000 hours*.
Laser diode allows dynamic control of brightness to reproduce images that are closer to human perception.
Combining the latest BLU-Escent package with the D-ILA device achieves detailed, smooth, powerful video expression.
*In theory, this amounts to 20 years or more while watching a 2.5-hour movie every day.
HDR10+ Support allows a choice for two dynamic tone mappings
When it comes to reproducing the rich video information of HDR content including the extended brightness range, BT.2020 wide colour gamut and 10-bit gradation, rely on one of the new D-ILA projectors.
New models support all HDR formats including HDR10 for Blu-ray and streaming, HLG for broadcasting, and the latest HDR10+ signal format with dynamic metadata compatibility.
JVC projectors are compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ and Frame Adapt HDR. HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer’s intentions for each scene.
Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content using an original algorithm.
Ensuring you can watch any HDR content in optimal picture quality.
4K120p input ideal for Low Latency Mode
Because these projectors are equipped with 4K120p input, signal latency is infinitesimal, making it effective when displaying high frame-rate gaming content on large screens.
What’s more, Low Latency Mode reduces delay in displaying PC signals and games, and improves response to the users’ rapid operations.
Features JVC DLA-NZ7
- 8K/e-shift technology reproduces 8K image quality
- New 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- BLU-Escent Laser Light Source
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm diameter high-quality lens
- High brightness of 2,200 lm provides vibrant and dynamic images
- Native Contrast Ratio of 40,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of ∞ :1
- 2x HDMI (48 Gbps, HDCP 2.3) inputs, supporting 8K60P and 4K120P input signals
- HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer’s intentions for each scene, and with such data, the projector is able to automatically reproduce images as the creator intended.
- Frame Adapt HDR* dynamically tone maps any HDR10 content frame-by-frame or scene-by-scene and automatically performs adjustment to achieve optimal images close to reality as seen by human eyes. As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation
- New Theater Optimizer** function, which works in Frame Adapt HDR mode, offers optimum HDR images by analyzing usage environments using the screen size and gain information and intelligently adjusts tone mapping.
- Auto Tone Mapping function automatically adjusts settings for optimum HDR10 image quality
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- Nine settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
Specifications JVC DLA-NZ7
Chip Type 0.69-inch 4K D-ILA device
Native Resolution 4096 x 2160
Number Of Chips 3
Display Resolution 8192 x 4320
Type BLU-Escent Laser Diode
Life Time (Standard Mode) 20000 hours
Brightness 2200 lm
Native Contrast 40000 : 1
Dynamic Light Power control
Modes Mode 1 (gentle), Mode 2 (strong), Off
Range -15 (stops down) to 0 (opens up)
100% REC 709
Color Bit Depth 12 bit
Auto Tone Mapping
Mastering Info Display
Info data MaxCLL and MaxFALL mastering data
HDR Picture Modes BT.709 / BT.2020 / DCI / HDR
Zoom 2 x
Throw Ratio 1.43-2.92:1
Diameter 65 mm
Build 17-element, 15-group in full aluminium lens barrel.
Range Horizontal ± 34 %
Range Vertical ± 80 %
Projection Display size (diagonal) 60 – 200 inch
Number of user presets 10
Number of connections 2
Data Rate 48 Gbps
HDCP Version 2.3
8K60P signal input
4K120p signal input
4K60P signal input
Video Signal range
480p, 576p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/ 50, 1080p 120/ 100/ 60/ 50/ 30/ 25/ 24, 3840 x 2160p 120/ 100/ 60/ 50/ 30/ 25/ 24, 4096 x 2160p 120/ 100/ 60/ 50/ 30/ 25/ 24, 7680 x 4320p 60/ 50/ 30/25 /24
PC Signal range
VGA / SVGA / XGA / WXGA / WXGA+ / SXGA / WSXGA+ / UXGA / WUXGA / WQHD (60) / WQHD (120)
Input Level Adjustment
Auto / Standard (16-235) / Enhanced (0-255) / Super White (16-255)
Color Space Range
Auto/ YCbCr4444 / YCbCr422 / RGB
A and B (older hardware may need to use B settings)
DC 12V / 100mA
Connector Mini DIN 3-pin
Connector D-sub 9-pin
USB (Type A) for firmware update.
3D Versions Frame Packing, Side-by-Side, Top & Bottom
Frame Packing Resolutions 720p 60/50, 1080p 24
Side-by-Side Resolutions 720p 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50
Top & Bottom Resolution 720p 60/50, 1080p/24
3D Emitter (Optional)
3D Glasses (Optional) Yes, PK-AG3
Natural, Cinema, HDR10+, Frame Adapt HDR, HDR10, HLG, Pan_PQ, 6 User modes
5500K, 6500K, 7500K, 9300K, High Bright, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, Custom 1, Custom 2
Gamma Processing Depth12 bit
HDR (Auto), HDR(PQ), HDR(HLG), 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, Cinema 1, Cinema 2, Pana_PQ, 3 Custom modes
6-Axis adjustable CMS
Low Latency Mode
Clear Motion Drive
Optional Probe needed
Number of presets 10
Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect
4 Modes (A, B, C, D)
Power & Environment
Power Requirement AC 240V, 50/60Hz
Projector in Use 420W
Standby Eco Mode 0.20W
Network Standby 1.21W (LAN), 0.94W (RS-232C), 1.22W (LAN + RS232C)
Approx. 15 min. (To standby or networked standby; default)
Fan Noise 24 dB
Operating Temperature 5°C to 35°C
Operating Humidity 20% to 80%
Horizontal +/- 5 degree / Vertical +/- 10 degree
Below 2,000 m
In the box
Remote Control RM-MH27
Batteries 2 x AAA-size batteries
Dimensions & Weight
Product Dimensions (WxHxD) 500 x 234 x 505 (mm)
Product Weight 22.5 Kg
Package Dimensions (WxHxD) 640 x 415 x 665 (mm)
Package Weight 27.9 Kg