M6 Encore Connect
Any time something new and innovative is introduced to a market some inevitable questions arise.
Should I dive in or wait for the next version?
Is this going to be around for long haul or is it going to be a mayfly that vanishes in the morning?
Musical Fidelity Encore is not simply a new product from Musical Fidelity.
It is a platform upon which the next decade of their business is being built.
M6 Encore Connect
The Encore Connect is an audio preamplifier/source component allowing you to keep all your music in one place.
It accepts almost any conceivable analog or digital audio source.
It is also compatible with many network speakers.
There is a very clear, large, high-resolution full colour display so you can see what’s going on.
In Brief M6 Encore Connect
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Huge connectivity
- Upgradeable 1TB internal storage for over 2500 CDs (bit perfect ripping from CD drive)
- Analog preamp providing fixed and variable output
- Compatible with many network speakers
- Large, high resolution, full colour display
- Control with either IR handset or Apps (both Apple and Android)
- Dual core 64bit Intel CPU – as future proof as we can make it 32 Bit 384k DAC
M6 Encore Connect – Specifications
- 3 x Line Level RCA 300mV nominal 2V typical up to 7V rms
- 2 x optical S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 2 x coax S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 1 x USB 3.0 type ‘A’ connector
- 1 xUSB 3.0 type “B” connector (for future expansion)
- 3 x USB2.0 type ‘A’ connector (1 front, 2 rear)
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connector
- 1x line level PREAMP variable outputs (>6V rms max)
- 1x line level FIXED 2.0V @ 0dBFS (300mV rms nominal, >6V rms max) – Preamp gain, line input to PREAMP outputs is 4.5x (13dB) at maximum volume
- Headphone output suitable for headphones impedance 8 ohms to ∞ – Headphone output features independent volume setting
- Speaker outputs 1 pair 4mm banana plugs per channel
- 1x optical S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- 1x coax S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- Internal storage 2.5” 1 TB SATA II hard disk (included) or SSD (future upgradeable)
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 440 x 125 x 400
- Weight (packed): 18 kg