M8 Encore 500
The Encore 500 is a complete audio solution allowing you to keep all your music in one place.
It accepts almost any conceivable analog or digital audio source.
It is also compatible with many network speakers. There is a very clear, large, high resolution full colour display so you can see what’s going on.
The Encore is easy and intuitive to use.
It has 500 watts per channel and a huge range of facilities; 3 analog inputs, 4 digital inputs, 4 USB A connections (one of which has high current capacity for charging phones and tablets), network connectivity, high quality variable line level outputs as well as a digital output.
The Encore 500 has an inbuilt CD player and a 2TB hard disk drive for storage – enough for over 5000 CDs.
The heart of the Encore is a powerful dual core 64 bit Intel CPU with 2GB of RAM.
This provides superb performance and allows continual upgrading of its facilities making the Encore virtually future proof.
M8 Encore 500 in brief:
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Huge connectivity
- Standard 2TB internal storage for over 5000 CDs
- Compatible with many network speakers, such as Sonos
- Large, high resolution, full colour display
- Control with either IR handset or Apps (both Apple & Android)
- Dual core 64bit Intel CPU – as future proof as we can make it
- 32 Bit 384k DAC
- Spotify, Tidal & Qobuz Streaming Services
- NAS Drive Compatible
- New Bridged amplifier arrangement based on those in the M6 Encore 225
M8 Encore 500 – Specifications
- Power 500 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- Voltage 63Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz; onset of clipping
- 178 Volts peak to peak
- Current 90 Amps peak to peak
- Damping factor 180
- Output devices 4 pairs per channel
Line input performance
- Input signal voltage 0-7 Vrms maximum
- THD+N < 0.007 % typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / noise ratio > 107dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance 40 kΩ
- Frequency response + 0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
Line level inputs
- 3 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Digital inputs
- 2 Optical S/PDIF (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- 2 Coaxial S/PDIF (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- 1 Front panel Type A USB2 socket (1.5A USB-BC 1.2 compliant)
- 2 Back panel Type A USB2 socket (500mA)
- 1 Back panel Type A USB3 Socket (USB-BC1.2)
- 1 Back panel Type B socket (Factory use only)
All of the ENCOREs USBs are activated to copy music files from USB devices, and the sockets are electrically active so you can charge your phone/tablet/portable USB device.
Line level outputs
- 1 pair line level RCA connectors, fixed level outputs gain = 0dB (x1) 7 Vrms output maximum
- 1 pair line level RCA connectors, PREAMP outputs set by volume gain = -∞ to +13dB maximum 7 Vrms output maximum
- 1 Optical S/PDIF (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- 1 Coaxial S/PDIF (up to 24bit/192kHz)
- Speaker outputs
- 2 pairs 4mm banana plug/binding posts (1 set each left and right)
- 25” (6.35mm) impedance 10Ω – ∞
- RJ45 8P8C 10/100/1000Base-T
- Mains voltages 230VAC 50/60Hz (factory pre-set)
- 100VAC 50/60Hz (alternative)
- <0.5W in standby mode
- 58W idle
- 6k Watts maximum
- Unit only, unboxed 38.5 kg (84 lbs)
- In shipping carton (inc. accessories) 47 kg (103 lbs)
- Wide 483 mm (19”)
- High, including feet 185 mm (7 1/3 ”)
- Deep (front to back) including terminals 510 mm (20”)
- IEC type mains lead 16-Amp type
- Remote control
- Batteries LR03 or AAA, manganese alkaline type 2 off
- Ethernet cable
- Quick start guide
M6 Encore also available
Musical Fidelity has been designing and manufacturing Hi-Fi electronics for over thirty years and are proud to have become one of the best-known brands in the Hi-Fi industry.
They are driven by a passion for wonderful music and the challenge of world-class engineering.
They approached each new design by looking for the absolute best solution to a given challenge and embrace new technologies in our designs as well as developing more traditional methods for even greater performance.
Their first product - The Preamp – launched to rave reviews. Followed by shoebox-style Dr Thomas power amp.
Launch of A1 integrated amp, ‘the most important development so far in the renaissance of the UK hi-fi scene’ (Hi-Fi Answers).
New A370 Power Amp proclaimed ‘the best power amp I’ve ever heard’ (Hi-Fi Answers).
World’s first high-end DAC- Digilog – makes debut
Another world first: MVX preamp, combining tube circuit topology with transistors.
SA470 launched: 86Kg power amp running 99% in Class A
A1000 integrated released, featuring pure Class A power amp section
Classic valve-driven Tubalog DAC goes on sale
X Series launches with X-10D Class A triode line stage: ‘the most dramatic sonic enhancement you’re likely to hear!’ (F1).
Nu-Vista Preamp launched, using miniature, metal-cased nuvistor tubes. All 500 units sold within three months.
X Series expands with X-ACT DAC, praised for 'smooth, easy-going sound' (What Hi-Fi?)
X-24K upsampling DAC released: ‘capable of getting sound to die for’ (Stereophile).
X-Ray CD player launched. Described as ‘the sort of object you just want to fondle’ (Hi-Fi News) ‘a thrilling, substantial and satisfying listen’ (What Hi-Fi?) and ‘Hi-Fi meets nuclear warhead’ (T3).
Futuristic CD-PRE 24 arrives, combining a high-quality CD transport, DAC and preamp. On Hi-Fi says it ‘represents a combination of features, functional performance and affordability that seems an audiophile dream come true’.
Debut of Nu-Vista M3 pre/power amp, including discrete Nu-Vista power amp modules with choke regulation. ‘This is what hi-fi should be all about’ (Gramophone).
X-DAC V3 released, offering ‘stunningly good measured performance’ (Stereophile).
World’s first audio application of trivistor tubes in new Tri-Vista series, including legendary Tri-Vista 21 ‘Super DAC’.
Flagship kW pre-amp and kW power amp launched: ‘the very finest amps you can buy...the MFs redefine audio standards’ (What Hi-Fi?)
Next up: kW 500 super integrated amp with twin-triode tubes. Hi-Fi News said, ‘For one rare reviewing occasion I could not find a thing to fault about the musical presentation of an amp’.
Limited-edition M1 turntable released. Considered one of the best-engineered decks ever, it’s now a collector’s item, fetching above its original price.
Supercharged X-DAC V8 introduced, with switchable tube buffer and extra-heavy-duty power supply. ‘For its superb performance as a detailed, sweet-sounding DAC, the X-DAC V8 stands on its own’ (Stereophile).
X-150 wins European Stereo Amplifier of the Year, EISA Awards 2004-2005.
Debut of kW250S one-box wonder, packing in dual 250-watt monobloc amps, tube hybrid preamp, phono stage, 24-bit 192K upsampling CD player, FM/DAB tuner and iPod input.
Meet the mighty TITAN: 1kW per channel dual monobloc design with external power supply. Hi-Fi News was ‘Smitten… The Titan is the best power amplifier I’ve used’.
Reference-standard Primo pre-amplifier released; pure Class A with 14 hand-picked ECC81
New M1 CLiC unites analogue and digital sources under universal control. Wins European Network Music Player, EISA Awards 2011-2012.
Line-up expands to meet every hi-fi need and budget. Highlights include the AMS CD/DAC – our finest digital product yet - and AMS100, the world’s most advanced pure Class A amp
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.