The fully loaded, hybrid MA12000 Integrated Amplifier is a product of uncompromising audio engineering and expert craftsmanship.
Their most powerful integrated amplifier ever, the feature rich McIntosh MA12000 offers 350 Watts per channel of clean, high performance power that produces a breathtaking home audio experience.
You will think your favorite musicians are playing a live, in-person performance in your house
The MA12000 gives you the best of all worlds with the warm nuances of a vacuum tube preamplifier combined with the speed and raw power of a solid state amplifier, state-of-the-art digital audio capabilities, and enough analogue audio connections for virtually any home music system
The MA12000 is a hybrid design with the preamplifier section powered by (4) 12AX7A vacuum tubes (2 tubes per audio channel), while the 350 Watt power amplifier section employs a solid state design.
Their Autoformer™ technology guarantees your speakers will always be capable of receiving that full 350 Watts whether they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
There are 10 analogue inputs on the MA12000 consisting of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet input for connecting a turntable.
Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning the MA12000 to your specific turntable configuration so your vinyl collection sounds just right.
All the unbalanced analogue connectors are constructed from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding.
The McIntosh MA12000 also has 1 balanced and 1 unbalanced output if you ever want to connect to an additional amplifier that’s used in a different part of your residence.
For digital music, the MA12000 comes with their DA2 Digital Audio Module factory installed.
Located in the DA2 are 7 digital audio inputs: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT (for use with their MCT series of SACD/CD Transports), and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection.
The DA2 is powered by a next generation, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC).
This audiophile-grade DAC features improved dynamic range and improved total harmonic distortion.
The DA2 supports high resolution digital audio playback, as the USB input supports native playback of up to DSD512 and DXD up to 384kHz, while the coax and optical inputs can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz
The HDMI (ARC) input allows TVs with a compatible HDMI (ARC) output to be connected to the McIntosh MA12000 and your home stereo system to bring a new level of audio performance to your TV and movie watching that TV speakers or soundbars just can’t provide.
Popular multi-channel audio formats from Dolby® and DTS® are supported and will be expertly converted to 2-channel audio for proper playback.
When CEC communication is enabled in both the MA12000 and your TV, your TV remote can control the power and volume of the McIntosh MA12000.
The DA2 can be replaced by future modules to keep your MA12000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed.
The DA2 has received Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs, which can be especially useful if you have an extensive library of digital music.
It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility.
Roon will recognise it and send it audio optimised for its capabilities.
No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience
The top of the MA12000 is highlighted by some updated industrial design elements.
The Autoformers and power transformer are now contained in a new glass topped enclosure capped by a glass name plate encircled with a decorative trim ring.
Key performance specifications and a detailed block diagram are printed on 5 glass panels
Other McIntosh MA12000 features include:
- Power Guard®that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- A pair of peak responding, trademarked “McIntosh Blue” Watt meters that indicate the real time power output of each audio channel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time and help keep the MA12000 running cool
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- Our patented Solid Cinch™speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Doubling of filter capacity compared to our other integrated amplifiers for even better low frequency performance
- The latest audio-grade circuit components to deliver the best sound possible
- Powerful control microprocessors to improve overall system operation
- Easy operation via front panel controls or the included comprehensive remote control
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with a pair of blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, rotary control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish.
SPECIFICATIONS McIntosh MA12000
- Power Output per Channel
- Number of Channels
- Speaker Impedance
2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Headroom
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB
20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB
10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil)
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet)
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input)
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Damping Factor
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Balanced Input
- Unbalanced Input
- Phono Input Moving Coil
1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet
1 (adjustable loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module
- Digital Coaxial Input
- Digital Optical Input
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input
- Digital USB Input
- HDMI (ARC) Input
- Balanced Variable Output
- Unbalanced Fixed Output
- Unbalanced Variable Output
- Headphone Output
1/4″ High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output
- AM/FM Tuner option
- Home Theater PassThru
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type
Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Speaker Binding Post Type
Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Service Port
DIGITAL AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type
8-channel, 32-bit/384kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate
32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign
- RS232 Control Input
- Power Control Output
1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
- Input Level Match
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State
Preamplifier: Vacuum Tube
Amplifier: Solid State
- Output Type
- Output Meters
- Dual Layer Chassis
- Chassis Finish
Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Power Requirement
120V, 50/60Hz, 6.6A
- Standby Power Requirement
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.5cm) x 9-7/16” (24 cm) x 22” (55.88cm) including knobs, connectors and cables
108 lbs (48.9kg)
- Shipping Weight
141 lbs (63.9kg)