Radio is thriving, with recent polls showing that for many, radio is still their favourite entertainment during the day.
The Ruark R1S takes this timeless medium to a new level, but with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth also built in, R1S is more than just a radio, but more so a complete music system that’s small enough to fit easily into your home, but capable enough to provide day long entertainment.
Beautiful From Every Angle
Following the new design language set by their R1 Mk4, R1S grabs attention with its flawless look and sound.
With its tactile curves, exclusive Mid Grey finish and composite wood hand-crafted grille, R1S exudes fresh contemporary design.
The grille material is created from sustainable woods, which are carefully spliced, coloured, and recomposed to closely mimic the rich tones of slow growing hardwoods, without the ecological impact.
The cabinet and grille blend perfectly with the trademark RotoDial controller and new colour display, to create a feel that encapsulates the technical capabilities of R1S.
Class Leading Sound and More
With a vivid colour display, time, alarm, and programme information are clearly shown and on streamed sources, album, and station artwork can be displayed too.
The display also auto-adjusts to suit light levels, making it an ideal bedside companion.
Other features include a USB-C charge and MP3 playback port, headphone output and a switchable line input.
Most importantly, radio and streaming technologies are only truly enjoyable if they are matched with great sound.
Powering R1S is a dynamic linear amplifier which with adaptive equalisation provides a highly listenable sound at all levels.
In its optimised enclosure their latest NS+ loudspeaker delivers a smooth and extended response with bass performance that belies its compact dimensions.
Without question R1S will have you listening and discovering just how good new generation radio can be.
Control at a Distance
Their optional compact remote is a convenient addition to R1S and with four direct pre-set buttons you can quickly access your favourite stations and playlists.
Also available is a new free to download Android and iOS app called Oktiv.
This also allows full control of R1S and is particularly useful for searching radio stations and podcasts.
Mains Powered Sound on the Move With BackPack 3
Add BackPack 3 to R1S and you can enjoy its features and rich sound in the garden, on the beach or wherever mains power is unavailable.
BackPack 3 attaches seamlessly to R1S and once fitted can be left permanently in place as it charges automatically whenever mains power is re-applied. When not connected to a mains supply the built in power management in R1S conserves battery life by reverting to an ultra low power state when R1S is in standby. A full charge will provide up to twelve hours of mains free listening depending on volume.
Specifications and Features Ruark R1S
- Striking and natural sound quality
- Exclusive Mid Grey lacquer/Fused Walnut grille
- Spotify Connect*, Deezer and Amazon Music
- SmartRadio with Internet/DAB/DAB+/FM tuners
- New generation Bluetooth 5 receiver
- Dedicated podcast source
- Acoustically tuned and damped polymer cabinet
- Adaptive EQ provides ideal sound at all volumes
- Hand-crafted slatted eco-wood grille
- High Fidelity Class A-B amplifier system
- Ruark NS+ neodymium full range driver
- Adjustable bass and treble settings
- Intuitive Ruark RotoDial controller
- Full control and search with free Oktiv control app
- Optional remote control with 4 direct access presets
- Presets to store favourite stations and playlists – 8 per source
- USB-C port for MP3 playback and phone charging
- Dual alarms with Daily, custom, weekend and weekday options
- Sleep timer
- Switchable analogue input for aux devices
- Multilingual UI (EN, DA, NL, FR, DE, IT, NO, PL, ES, SV)
- Headphone output memorises last used volume
- Auto dimming full colour TFT display
- Automatic standby after 20mins of inactivity
- Dimensions: H175 × W130 × D135mm
- Weight: 1.6kg