2-Channel Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
The McIntosh MA352 Integrated Amplifier is a hybrid design that combines the finest of vacuum tube and solid state audio design principles.
The result is an eye-catching amplifier that enjoys the best of these two opposing audio philosophies all while reproducing music at the highest quality level.
An all analogue design, the McIntosh MA352 has a vacuum tube preamplifier section that is powered by a pair of 12AX7A and a pair of 12AT7 vacuum tubes.
Its output stage is a direct coupled solid state amplifier that outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers – enough power to properly drive virtually any set of loudspeakers.
Dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
The McIntosh MA352 has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Magnet phono input with adjustable loading for connecting a turntable.
It has gold-plated speaker binding posts to help prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers.
A stereo preamplifier output is available for connecting a higher-powered amplifier; it can also be used to connect 1 or 2 powered subwoofers for added low frequency performance.
The McIntosh MA352 is packed with numerous McIntosh technologies including:
- Their patented Power Guard® technology that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Their fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that will disengage the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- A 5-band analogue tone control allows for manual adjustment of your favorite recordings (each band adjustable by ± 12dB)
- Home Theater Pass Through lets it be seamlessly integrated into a home theater system
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Data Ports to send remote control commands to connected source components
The unit sits on a stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish; vintage McIntosh-styled die cast aluminum name badges are affixed to each side.
Blue output meters, control knobs, an illuminated logo, and a black glass front panel with direct LED backlighting complete the unit
Specifications McIntosh MA352
- Power Output per Channel
200 Watts into 8 Ohms
320 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Number of Channels 2
- Speaker Impedance 4 or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.03%
- Dynamic Headroom 1.5dB
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB 10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet) 2.5mV
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced) 0.5V/0.25V
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet) 82dB
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level) 93dB
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced) 20K/20K
- Damping Factor 8 Ohms: >200 4 Ohms: >100
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced) 8V Unbalanced
- Balanced Input 2
- Unbalanced Input 3
- Phono Input Moving Magnet 1 (adjustable loading
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module No
- Unbalanced Variable Output 1
- Headphone Output 1/4″ High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output 2
- Home Theater PassThru Yes
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type Standard
- Speaker Binding Post Type Standard
- Service Port 1
- Tone Controls 5-Band
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign Yes
- RS232 Control Input Yes
- Power Control Output 1
- Rear Panel Data Port 2
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input Yes
- Input Level Match Yes
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State / Preamplifier: Vacuum Tube / Power Amplifier: Solid State
- Output Type Direct Coupled
- Output Meters Yes
- Dual Layer Chassis Yes
- Chassis Finish Polished stainless steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Standby Power Requirement <0.5 Watts
Weights & Dimensions
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) / 17-1/2″ (44.5cm) x 9-7/8″ (25.1cm) x 17-7/16″ (44.3cm)
- Unit Weight 66 lbs (29.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight 75 lbs (34.0 kg)