Offering 200 Watts per channel and 14 total inputs, the space-saving McIntosh MA7200 Integrated Amplifier can easily become the core of your 2-channel home audio system.
Making up its 14 inputs are 8 analogue connections (5 unbalanced, 1 balanced and 1 each of Moving Coil and Moving Magnet inputs for turntables) along with 6 digital (2 each of coaxial and optical plus 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT for use with their MCT500 SACD/CD Transport).
The digital inputs are housed in their DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can easily be replaced by future modules to keep your MA7200 current with the latest digital audio technologies.
NOW AVAILABLE: Optional upgrade to the DA2 Digital Audio Module.)
The DA1 comes with an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analogue Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode.
The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for high resolution audio playback, while the coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz.
All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
“A very elegant sounding amplifier with a lot of power in reserve… a hefty amplifier that is capable of great things and a lot more than just brute force, the MA7200 doesn’t just look the part, it sounds the part!” – HiFi+
The MA7200 includes their Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo.
They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate warm-up time so you can enjoy the MA7200’s full sonic capabilities from the moment you turn it on.
The McIntosh MA7200 is full of other McIntosh technologies including Autoformers™ to deliver the full 200 Watts to each of your speakers regardless of their impedance, Power Guard®, Sentry Monitor™, Home Theater PassThru, bass and treble tone controls,
High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®), and gold-plated speaker binding posts.
The MA7200 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs.
It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility.
Roon will recognise it and send it audio optimised for its capabilities.
No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
The entire unit is wrapped in the timeless McIntosh appearance with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel with aluminum end caps, control knobs and illuminated logo
McIntosh MA7200 SPECIFICATIONS
- Power Output per Channel
- Number of Channels
- Speaker Impedance
2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Headroom
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB
20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB
10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil)
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet)
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input)
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Damping Factor
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Balanced Input
- Unbalanced Input
- Phono Input Moving Coil
1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet
1 (fixed loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module
- Digital Coaxial Input
- Digital Optical Input
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input
- Digital USB Input
- HDMI (ARC) Input
- Balanced Variable Output
- Unbalanced Fixed Output
- Unbalanced Variable Output
- Headphone Output
1/4″ High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output
- AM/FM Tuner option
- Home Theater PassThru
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type
- Speaker Binding Post Type
- Service Port
DIGITAL AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type
8-channel, 32-bit/384kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate
32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls
Bass and Treble
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign
- RS232 Control Input
- Power Control Output
1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
- Input Level Match
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State
- Output Type
- Output Meters
- Dual Layer Chassis
- Chassis Finish
Black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Power Requirement
120V 50/60Hz, 4.4 amps
- Standby Power Requirement
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2″ (44.5cm) x 7-5/8″ (19.4cm) x 18-3/4″ (47.6cm)
- Unit Weight
75 lbs (34.1 kg)
- Shipping Weight
93 lbs (42.3 kg)