The MA9000 Integrated Amplifier can help you achieve audio perfection.
Integrated in both size and power, it offers 300 Watts per channel and combines their amplifier and preamplifier expertise into one comprehensive unit.
There are enough inputs and outputs on the MA9000 to last a lifetime.
The 10 analogue connections are comprised of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet for turntable connectivity.
Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback.
All unbalanced analogue connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding
On the digital side, 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT input (for use with our MCT500 SACD/CD Transport) are all housed in their new DA1 Digital Audio Module; the DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep your MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed.
(NOW AVAILABLE: Optional dealer installed upgrade to the DA2 Digital Audio Module.)
The DA1 utilises a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode.
The coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback; the USB input accepts even higher PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz.
All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
All inputs also function independently of each other and each is always available for use regardless of how your sources are connected
The McIntosh MA9000 features their new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties.
They are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo.
They also have a higher quality finish thanks to a new manufacturing process.
They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in your listening session.
New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the McIntosh MA9000 to improve overall system operation.
Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilised to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible.
At 300 Watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and their renowned McIntosh Autoformer™ guarantees your speakers will always receive that full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
Other McIntosh features included in the MA9000 are:
- Power Guard®that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ is our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cablesto your speakers
The MA9000 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs.
It has been profiled and tested by both Roon and McIntosh for maximum compatibility.
Roon will recognise it and send it audio optimised for its capabilities.
No fiddling with checkboxes or dropdowns, Roon Tested devices are automatically identified and configured out of the box for a superior customer experience.
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis
SPECIFICATIONS MCINTOSH MA9000
- Power Output per Channel
- Number of Channels
- Speaker Impedance
2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Headroom
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB
20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB
10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil)
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet)
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input)
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Damping Factor
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Balanced Input
- Unbalanced Input
- Phono Input Moving Coil
1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet
1 (adjustable loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module
- Digital Coaxial Input
- Digital Optical Input
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input
- Digital USB Input
- HDMI (ARC) Input
- Balanced Variable Output
- Unbalanced Fixed Output
- Unbalanced Variable Output
- Headphone Output
1/4″ High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output
- AM/FM Tuner option
- Home Theater PassThru
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type
Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Speaker Binding Post Type
Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Service Port
DIGITAL AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type
8-channel, 32-bit/384kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate
32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign
- RS232 Control Input
- Power Control Output
1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
- Input Level Match
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State
- Output Type
- Output Meters
- Dual Layer Chassis
- Chassis Finish
Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Power Requirement
120V, 50/60Hz, 6.6A
- Standby Power Requirement
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.5cm) x 9-7/16” (24 cm) x 22” (55.88cm) including knobs, connectors and cables
101 lbs (45.8kg)
- Shipping Weight
134 lbs (60.8kg)