Music simply comes to life with the MA9500 Integrated Amplifier and its 300 Watts per channel of clean, effortless power.
That power is delivered via a pair of the famed McIntosh Autoformer™ whose unique design guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance.
The McIntosh MA9500 replaces the award-winning MA9000 (SoundStage Network 2018 Integrated Amplifier of the Year; Sound + Image 2019 Stereo Amplifier Award Winner; Stereo Sound 2017 Grand Prix Award Winner) and adds additional performance enhancements to an already outstanding stereo integrated amplifier.
Filter capacity in the MA9500 has been doubled compared to the MA9000 which has produced a significant increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB, giving the MA9500 greater ability to reproduce musical peaks with less distortion.
And while the MA9000 featured great low end bass performance, the MA9500’s increased filter capacity will also help deliver even more amazing bass playback and control.
While the MA9000 included their DA1 Digital Audio Module, the MA9500 comes standard with the DA2 Digital Audio Module.
The DA2 offers 7 digital inputs: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT, and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection.
The DA2 is powered by an audiophile-grade, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analogue Converter (DAC) that has improvements in both dynamic range and total harmonic distortion compared to the DAC in the DA1.
The coax and optical inputs in the DA2 can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz for playback of high-resolution audio.
The DA2 has a McIntosh exclusive MCT input that offers a secure DSD connection to any of our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports to deliver the best possible sound quality of the high-definition audio found on your SACDs.
TVs with a compatible HDMI (ARC) output can be connected to the MA9500 to enjoy your TV’s sound like never before through your home music system. Popular multi-channel audio formats from Dolby® and DTS® are supported and will be expertly converted to 2-channel audio for proper playback.
The MA9500 remote can control the TV’s power and volume when CEC communication is enabled in both the amplifier and the TV.
The DA2 also features increased DSD playback support of up to DSD512 via the USB input. And being a modular design, it’s possible to someday replace the DA2 with a newer Digital Audio Module.
The breadth of the analogue audio connections is just as impressive as the digital audio connectivity.
The MA9500 has 10 analogue inputs consisting of 2 balanced inputs, 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono input with separate grounding terminals to connect your turntable(s).
Both of the phono inputs feature adjustable loading so you can fine tune the sound of your vinyl records.
All unbalanced analogue connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding.
All analogue and digital inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration.
For further flexibility in setting up your home audio system, the MA9500 includes a balanced and unbalanced output that can send the audio signal to another power amplifier.
Upgraded power supply components further reduce noise emissions while also adding more robustness under the most demanding conditions.
The MA9500 continues to use powerful control microprocessors for smooth and reliable system operation, as well as some of the latest state-of-the-art audio-grade circuit components to produce the best sound possible.
Their innovative Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts will let you easily but securely attach your speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers.
Other McIntosh features included in the MA9500 are:
- Power Guard® that continuously monitors input and output signals and can dynamically adjust input levels to ensure maximum output while avoiding harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers
- Their fuse-less short-circuit protection technology Sentry Monitor™ that disengages the output stage before the current can exceed safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity and heat dissipation properties
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of ±12dB in 2dB increments of your favorite recordings at frequencies of 25Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, and 10kHz
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- The MA9500 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. As a Roon Tested partner, McIntosh has provided equipment to Roon for testing with a variety of different operating systems and computers, and shared information about its design and capabilities.
- The MA9500 is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic featuring a black glass front panel with LED lighting, a pair of peak-responding blue watt meters, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles, and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.
Specifications McIntosh MA9500
- Power Output per Channel
- Number of Channels
- Speaker Impedance
2, 4, or 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band
20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Dynamic Headroom
- Frequency Response +0,-0.5dB
20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response, +0, -3dB
10Hz to 100kHz
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil)
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet)
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Sensitivity (Power Amp input)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level)
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Power Amp input)
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Damping Factor
- Maximum Output (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Balanced Input
- Unbalanced Input
- Phono Input Moving Coil
1 (adjustable loading)
- Phono Input Moving Magnet
1 (adjustable loading)
- Upgradeable Digital Audio Module
- Digital Coaxial Input
- Digital Optical Input
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input
- Digital USB Input
- HDMI (ARC) Input
- Balanced Variable Output
- Unbalanced Fixed Output
- Unbalanced Variable Output
- Headphone Output
1/4″ High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- Subwoofer Output
- AM/FM Tuner option
- Home Theater PassThru
- Unbalanced Analog Connector Type
Premium gold-plated solid brass
- Speaker Binding Post Type
Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
- Service Port
Digital Audio Specifications
- Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) Type
8-channel, 32-bit/384kHz PCM/DSD, Quad Balanced
- Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital Optical Input Sample Rate
24-bit/44.1kHz to 192kHz
- Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate
- Digital USB Input Sample Rate
32-bit/44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM)
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512, DXD352.8kHz, DXD384kHz
- Tone Controls
- Tone Bypass and Input Assign
- RS232 Control Input
- Power Control Output
1 Main, 2 Trigger
- Rear Panel Data Port
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input
- Input Level Match
- Vacuum Tube or Solid State
- Output Type
- Output Meters
- Dual Layer Chassis
- Chassis Finish
Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™
- Power Requirement
120V, 50/60Hz, 6.6A
- Standby Power Requirement
Weights & Dimensions
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D)
17-1/2” (44.5cm) x 9-7/16” (24 cm) x 19-3/4” (50.2cm)
- Unit Weight
101 lbs (45.8kg)
- Shipping Weight
134 lbs (60.8kg)